|Shakespeare Authorship Mystery Day logo|
For all those Shakespeare enthusiasts who find the traditional April 23 date for Shakespeare celebrations inappropriate and unsatisfying, rejoice! We now have Shakespeare Authorship Mystery Day: November 8 -- the day of the 1623 publication of The First Folio -- to rally 'round.
Shakespeare Oxford Fellowship President Tom Regnier, JD, LLM, said:
We've designed Shakespeare Authorship Mystery Day to raise the visibility of the Shakespeare authorship question. SAM Day is intended to be a single day when all authorship doubters can amplify their voices while commemorating the date of the First Folio publication.
. . . We hope the celebration of Shakespeare Authorship Mystery Day will provide a platform for all groups and individuals studying the authorship question to promote their work and increase curiosity about the true authorship of Shakespeare's plays and poems.
The Shakespeare Authorship Coalition and the Shakespearean Authorship Trust, and other groups and individuals plan to celebrate SAM Day. Oberon readers may participate by any of the following means:
- Create doubt-provoking memes to share on your social media channels and post throughout the day
- Use the hashtag #shakespeareauthorshipmysteryday
- Send out a Shakespeare Authorship Mystery Day email to your members and network
- Post links to the Declaration of Reasonable Doubt about the Identity of William Shakespeare
- Post new articles or videos on the day
- Post lists of resources – books, websites, and articles that you recommend -- for example: five movies about the Shakespeare authorship question.
- Share Shakespeare quotes
- Offer a one-day discount on books or merchandise
- Issue a press release
- Share links to classic articles about the Shakespeare authorship question
- Encourage students to ask their English literature and history teachers about the Shakespeare authorship question
- Point to weblogs and websites that provide more information
Celebrate SAM Day on November 8.
For more information: http://shakespeareauthorshipmysteryday.org/